Tenacious Focused Employment Law Advocate

A Lawyer Protecting The Rights Of Public Employees

Municipal employees have the same rights as workers in the private sector: to be free of harassment and discrimination in the workplace. However, public employees also have unique rights and processes for protecting them. My firm, The Law Office of Ralph Lamar, is committed to defending the rights of Pennsylvania’s public employees.

It Is Important To Act Quickly

If you are a public employee who has experienced discrimination or retaliation, you will need to file a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (PHRC). Public employees may also have claims under another federal civil rights statute – 42 U.S.C. § 1983. For those claims there is a two-year statute of limitation, even if an administrative agency is investigating your charge of discrimination/retaliation. If the investigation is not concluded, your failure to file a lawsuit within the two-year time frame can result in a loss of various types of relief that are otherwise available under Title VII, the ADA, or other federal civil rights statutes.

Working With An Attorney

Even if you have already filed a claim with the EEOC or CCRD, you should contact an employment attorney as soon as possible to avoid losing any remedies through the expiration of a statute of limitations for other civil rights claims. I can take steps to protect your rights. I represent a broad spectrum of federal, state and local government employees, including:

  • Teachers
  • Police officers
  • Fire fighters
  • U.S. Postal workers

A common misconception among public employees is that collective bargaining processes will protect their rights. Often, this is simply untrue. The only way to enforce your rights is to have an experienced lawyer on your side. I have more than 30 years of experience in employment law.

Contact My Firm To Discuss Your Options

Fight back against gender, disability, age and racial discrimination in the public sector. Schedule a consultation by calling my office in Allentown at 610-424-2454 or sending an email.